- The purpose of these Policies is to promote peaceful use of American Patriot® (herein sometimes AMPATUS) website by enforcing comity, courtesy and companionship rather that an adversarial competition between users.
- We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
- All use is subject to the Terms of Service.
- There will be no use of excess profanity (decided exclusively by the decision of AMPATUS).
- The use of harrassment, vexatious posting, cumulative posts or name calling is strictly forbidden.
- AMPATUS reserves the right to institute word filtering to exclude words, phrases or dicta which – in its sole opinion – is anti-social, degrogatory per se or demeaning based upon a sense of normal civility.
- No threats of force – even in the slightest way (e.g., “I’ll kick your butt if…”) shall be used.
- At all times, be civil to one another. Here’s what the marquis de Vauvenargues, an 18th century French writer, had to say about civility:
True civility flows from the heart. To be civil: does it not mean a desire to be pleasant to one’s neighbor, often contrary to one’s own tastes and habits? When we act thus, do we not prove to others clearly that their comfort and pleasure are more valuable to us than our own?